Monday, September 13, 2010

Wristlet

My first sewing project not from One Yard Wonders!! (Oh, besides the capes...) I had been talking to my sister-in-law about what I wanted to make and I mentioned that I wanted to try something *smallish* to try my hand at my first zipper. So she emailed me a couple of patterns for wristlets. (You might recognize the fabric from the Not Ugly Car Trash Bag.)

Here are the pieces cut out, the zipper and the strap already made. Also, each piece has fusible interfacing, to give the bag more shape:


"Sandwiching" the zipper to sew the first side:


First side of the zipper completed! I added the pocket...not on original pattern:


After sewing the second side of the zipper and laying it open to line up the strap:


I pinned the pieces together to sew the entire thing together:


Completed bag, with lining outside before putting it all together:


Lining tucked inside:


All done!


Things I learned:
*How to sew in a zipper.
*How to make a lined bag.
*To make the lining just a few centimeters smaller than the outside so it lays more nicely inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment